FIVE STAGES OF CHANGE
1. Pre-contemplation- Person has no intention of taking
action on an issue within the next
2. Contemplation- Person intends to take action on an
issue within the next 6 months.
3. Preparation- Person intends to take action within
the next 30 days on an issue and has
taken some behavioral steps in that
4. Action- Person has changed the behavior or addressed
the issue for at least 6 months.
5. Maintenance- The behavior that was changed has remained
changed for more than 6 months
When you are looking at making a change in your life, it helps to know where you are in the stages of change. Then, you can decide what you need to do to move to the next stage.
If you would like to make an appointment to speak with one of our therapists at Best Life Counseling please contact Heather Pugh, Owner or our Office Managers, Krystal or stephanie at 727-546-6400.